Russell L. Parr, CFA, ASA is at the heart of completing every assignment we undertake.
Russell has over 25 years of intellectual property oriented consulting experience. At IPRA, Inc. we do not assign your project to a team of associates that are tepidly overseen by a senior principal. Russell is directly responsible for weaving together an understanding of the complexities of intellectual property, marketing and advanced financial theory for completion of complex consulting assignments involving the valuation and pricing of patents, trademarks, copyrights and other intangible assets.
Russell L. Parr, CFA, ASA is directly involved with every aspect of an assignment from:
- Gathering background information.
- Interviewing key experts.
- Conducting the analysis needed to reach a conclusion.
- Writing a fully documented and supported report that is capable of extensive scrutiny.
Just a few of our past assignments have included the valuation of the Dr. Seuss copyrights and the patent portfolio of AT&T. We have also conducted valuations and royalty rate studies for pharmaceuticals, semiconductor process and product technology, agricultural formulations, automotive interior panel manufacturing, automotive battery technology, biotechnology, camera technology, chemical formulations, cellular communications technology, computer form factors, antivirus computer software, cosmetics, consumer and corporate trademarks, drug delivery systems, flowers, incinerator feed systems, eye surgery instruments, surgical and medical instrument technology, wind turbine systems, and motivational book copyrights.
At IPRA, Inc. our sole focus is on intellectual property. Our consulting services include:
- Expert witness testimony regarding infringement damages.
- Valuation of early-stage and mature technology.
- Valuation of trade secrets, trademarks and copyrights.
- Valuation of intellectual property dominant closely-held companies.
- Royalty rate consulting services for all types of intellectual property.
The royalty rate resource books we publish include:
- Royalty Rates for Technology, 6th Edition
- Royalty Rates for Trademarks & Copyrights, 5th Edition
- Royalty Rates for Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, 8th Edition
In 1993 Russell L. Parr founded Intellectual Property Research Associates to research the value of intellectual property including patents, trademarks and copyrights. This research yielded three publications that report the financial terms of intellectual property transactions, including royalty rates from licensing agreements. In August of 2001 the company was incorporated as IPRA, Inc. and consulting services were added to the company’s offerings.